Assess Marine is fully insured and a member of the Boating Industry Association.
Meet Our Team
- Certificate in Small Craft Surveying Sydney Technical College 2002
- Certificate in Ship and Boatbuilding Trade Sydney Technical College 1988
Sven has a long attachment with the Sydney boating scene. In 1984 he commenced the Ship & Boatbuilding apprenticeship under the guidance of his father at D & R Shipwrights located at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia.
Sven specialises in wooden boat restoration and is renowned in the Sydney area for his attention to detail and craftsmanship in all aspects of the boatbuilding and shipwright industries.
He has completed the Small Craft Surveyor course at TAFE and has already gained a reputation for providing a quality surveying and loss adjusting service.
Sven is also a well-known yachtsman on the racing circuit. His credits include representing his country in the 1988 Kenwood Cup (Victorious) team aboard Windward passage II, various IMS + Maxi world championships in Capri and Sardinia, Italy and has completed in 27 Sydney to Hobart yacht races with 4 handicap wins and 7 as line honour winner. Which includes sailing aboard “Wild Oats XI” from 2005 until 2012 winning line honours, handicap and breaking the race record twice.
He is a regular crew member on the Maxi 72 “Caol Ila R” which campaigns extensively in Europe and the USA. He is currently sailing aboard the super maxi Comanche.
- Qualified Shipwright
- Member of AIMS (Australian Institute of Marine Surveyors)
- BIA Marine Card 2789
Adam has worked in the marine industry within Australia and abroad for more than 20 years. Having operated the largest boatyard in Bermuda for ten years, Adam has extensive experience and knowledge in major vessel repair, refit and project management.
Adam has management and hands on operational knowledge surrounding all aspects of boatyard operation, including: Marine Travel Hoist, Slipways, Hydraulic Trailers and Vessel transport procedures.
Having raced dinghies and larger yachts, Adam has gained knowledge of the International Racing Rules of Sailing and COLREGS.
Adam has been carrying out survey work since mid-2000 and has gained vast experience within the insurance sector.
- Pre-purchase and Insurance Risk Surveying.
- Project Management and Consultancy
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Insurance Claim Management and Assessing.
Accredited member of Australasian Institute of Marine Surveyors and trade qualified Marine Technician.
As a trade qualified marine technician and experienced marine assessor and surveyor, Todd has an in-depth knowledge of the products and repairers that form the marine industry, nationally.
Al Francis has 46 years continuously working in the Marine Industry. Specialising in all aspects of marine design, service and repairs and marina management.
- Marine diesel engineer
- Marine petrol engineer
- Marine refrigeration design, construction and service
- Marine genset design and construction
- Marina design and construction
- Marina slipway/hardstand design and construction
- Travelift operations
- Marina management
- Small business management
- Assistance in vessel design and construction
- Marine electrical systems
- Marine plumbing systems
- Marine hydraulic systems
- 46 years experience in the control and handling of all types of vessels up to 85 foot in length
- Insurance assessing and loss adjusting
- Pre-purchase inspections, power and sail hull structure, engineering vessel systems – 35 years
Sharon Thomas is our energetic admin support.
Sharon is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks and is au fait with all aspects of the assessing and surveying of vessels having been working in this industry for the past 17 years.